- 1. ByNi Kadek WidiantariI Gede VinaytonHendrawan
- 2.  Naming Concepts Sense and Reference Kinds of meaning The Word as a SemanticsUnit
- 3. The signifier is a word in thelanguage and the signified isthe object in the world that it“stands for, refers to, ordenotes”. The words that is tosay to refer the things arecalled “names or label”.
- 4. “Sign” Theory by Ferdinand de Saussure
- 5. TreeThe linguistic sign consists of a signifier and a signified, these are, however, more strictly a sound image and aconcept, both linked by a psychological associativebond.
- 6. S - r ……………s - RStimulus- words - Response, this viewshows that meaning is as a description froma situation which there are stimulus (S) thatmay cause someone to say something (r)and the response ( R) is an effect of thewords said by someone (s)
- 7.  Reference is a term which is usedwhen we are talking about thedenotation of word. Sense relates to the complex systemof relationships that hold between thelinguistic elements themselves.
- 8.  First, make statemens is good, butbetter we also ask question or giveorder. Second, speech act.Thirdly, much ofwhat we say is not a statement offact but an evaluation.Fourthly language is often deeply
- 9. concerned with a varietyof social relations.Fifthly, we need notmean what we say.Sixthly, presupposition isdistinction from assertion.NEXT…
- 10.  Not all words seem to have the same kind ofthe meaning. It is not at all clear that the word is a clearlydefined unit. There is a problem with what have beencalled TRANSPARENT and OPAQUE words. There are many words in English that arecalled PHONAESTHETIC Semantic division seems to’ override’ worddivision. Finally we have the problem of idioms
You might also like
As I Wept For Thee- jam Anubis Awaits Thee (egyptian ...
As I Wept For Thee- Anubis awaits thee (melodic egyptian doom)
The Irony Of Ambiguity
Re: The Mosque At Ground Zero Thing
Origins of English: The Anglo-Saxon Roots
Ontological Engineering: with examples from the areas of Knowledge Management, e-Commerce and the Semantic Web. First Edition (Advanced Information and Knowledge Processing)
Programming Language Syntax and Semantics (Prentice-Hall International Series in Computer Science)
Book (Prentice Hall)
Robust Shallow Semantic Parsing of Text
Folk etymology Sojic