- Advanced use of Less to dynamically create a syntax theme that goes well with the existing one
- A language grammar that is defined programmatically rather than through a .cson grammar file
- Connecting an external parser (Acorn in this case)
- Support for tokenizing unterminated multi-line comments (required to allow incremental, i.e. line-by-line, tokenizing)
- Reverting to regex- rather than eval-based keyword recognition to work around Atom Shell's CSP restrictions (this problem is being tracked in )
As a result, this package ships with a modified version of Acorn, but it would be preferable if those issues could be worked out so that Acorn can be pulled from npm in the future.