Examples semantics problems
- If a template contains section headings (like "==Section 1=="), when the template is displayed on a page each section heading will have its own "Edit" link. Such links are not desirable, since they will take the user to editing the template, rather than the actual page in question. The easiest way to avoid this problem is to place the string "__NOEDITSECTION__" anywhere within that template; this will remove all section-edit links from any page that contains that template. Another option, though not a recommended, is to use "
", "", etc. tags instead of "==", "===" etc.
- You can change the way dates are entered in, and outputted by, the forms by adding the line "$wgAmericanDates = true;" to the main MediaWiki LocalSettings.php file. By default, dates are printed out as "2007/06/20"; making this change will set dates to instead be printed out as "June 20, 2007" (with the month name dependent on the language of the wiki).
- Similarly, you can change the way times are entered and displayed. If you have a form field with input type 'datetime', by default it will use the 12-hour format, with "AM" and "PM". You can change this to 24-hour format by adding the line "$sfg24HourTime = true;" in your LocalSettings.php file.
- If a page (which we'll call Page A) gets transcluded in another page (which we'll call Page B), and Page A belongs to a category that's associated with a form, it can have the unfortunate side effect of making Page B a member of that category as well, thus giving Page B an "edit with form" tab at the top, even if such a tab is not appropriate. You can solve this problem by putting the category declaration in Page A within a block, which will make Page A a member of that category but not Page B.
- If, when you go to the special pages 'CreateProperty' or 'CreateTemplate', you see a database error message that looks like "Access denied for user...", it means your database account lacks permission to create temporary tables.
You might also like
Sample of ENGLISH - Linguistic Frameworks - Grammar - A ...
The Idea of Universality in Linguistics and Human Rights
Ask Al - Linguistic Semantics
Talk and Taxonomy: A methodological comparison of ethnosemantics and ethnomethodology with reference to terms for Canadian doctors (Pragmatics & Beyond)
Book (John Benjamins Publishing Company)
General Linguistics - Questions of the Month (June 2013)
[Introduction to Linguistics] Phonetics and Basics of ...
50 years of Linguistics at MIT, Lecture 6